What can you do to promote mental health awareness?
Here are some simple steps you can take to help raise the collective consciousness about mental health where you live:
- Talk with everyone you know. …
- Open up about your experience. …
- Encourage kind language. …
- Educate yourself about mental illness. …
- Coordinate a mental health screening event. …
- Volunteer. …
- Leverage social media.
How do you introduce your mental health to students?
A Mentally Healthy Classroom Culture: Help students feel safe both physically and emotionally. Help students want to share their feelings and feel safe doing so. Help them build positive relationships with teachers and peers. Incorporate activities to build a feeling of classroom community.
What is the theme for Mental Health Month 2020?
A change of theme – from Sleep to Kindness
In December 2019 the Mental Health Foundation had originally announced that the theme of Mental Health Awareness Week 2020 would be ‘Sleep’.
What are the 4 types of mental illness?
Types of mental illness
- mood disorders (such as depression or bipolar disorder)
- anxiety disorders.
- personality disorders.
- psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia)
- eating disorders.
- trauma-related disorders (such as post-traumatic stress disorder)
- substance abuse disorders.