What are the divisions of the nervous system?
The nervous system as a whole is divided into two subdivisions: the central nervous system (CNS) and the peripheral nervous system (PNS).
What are the divisions and functions of the central nervous system?
The nervous system can be functionally divided into 3 actions: sensation, integration, and response. The nervous system is involved in receiving information about the environment around us (sensation) and generating responses to that information (motor responses).
What are the 2 divisions of the central nervous system?
The nervous system has two main parts: The central nervous system is made up of the brain and spinal cord. The peripheral nervous system is made up of nerves that branch off from the spinal cord and extend to all parts of the body.
What are the top 3 common nervous system disorders?
Here are six common neurological disorders and ways to identify each one.
- Headaches. Headaches are one of the most common neurological disorders and can affect anyone at any age. …
- Epilepsy and Seizures. …
- Stroke. …
- ALS: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. …
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia. …
- Parkinson’s Disease.
What are the 3 functions of the central nervous system?
The CNS is comprised of the brain, cerebellum and spinal cord. Remaining neurons, and associated cells, distributed throughout the body form the PNS. The nervous system has three broad functions: sensory input, information processing, and motor output.
What are the four major components of the central nervous system?
Central Nervous System (CNS) Definition
- The central nervous system consists of the brain and spinal cord.
- The brain plays a central role in the control of most bodily functions, including awareness, movements, sensations, thoughts, speech, and memory.
What are the six main structures of the central nervous system?
- 2.1 White and gray matter.
- 2.2 Spinal cord. 2.2.1 Cranial nerves.
- 2.3 Brain. 2.3.1 Brainstem. 2.3.2 Cerebellum. 2.3.3 Diencephalon. 2.3.4 Cerebrum.
- 2.4 Difference from the peripheral nervous system.
What is nervous system and its function?
The nervous system helps all the parts of the body to communicate with each other. It also reacts to changes both outside and inside the body. The nervous system uses both electrical and chemical means to send and receive messages.