What are the 2 major divisions of the nervous system?
The nervous system has two main parts:
- The central nervous system is made up of the brain and spinal cord.
- The peripheral nervous system is made up of nerves that branch off from the spinal cord and extend to all parts of the body.
What are the 2 divisions of the nervous system quizlet?
The structures of the nervous system are described in terms of 2 principal divisions-the central nervous system (CNS) and the peripheral nervous system (PNS).
How is nervous system classified?
The nervous system can be divided into two major regions: the central and peripheral nervous systems. The central nervous system (CNS) is the brain and spinal cord, and the peripheral nervous system (PNS) is everything else (Figure 8.2).
What are the three functions of cerebrospinal fluid?
Cerebrospinal fluid has three main functions:
- Protect brain and spinal cord from trauma.
- Supply nutrients to nervous system tissue.
- Remove waste products from cerebral metabolism. ×
Which of the following are the two major parts of the nervous system quizlet?
what are the two major divisions of the nervous system? central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system.
What is nervous system short answer?
The nervous system is a body system which sends signals around the body. It lets animals respond to what is around them. The central nervous system is the brain, the spinal cord, and nerves. It is present in almost all animals. … The brain has billions of nerve cells to help think, walk, and breathe.